How to Start a Business Online
Whether you already have a product that you want to start selling online or looking to start a business selling other people’s products online, you will appreciate this quick 7 step outline featured on Entrepreneur.com.
In this article written by Allan Moon, he talks about the 7 tried and true steps for attracting visitors to your site–and getting them to buy.
They are the proven sequence of steps you can follow to guarantee your success when you are starting a small business online that anyone from a newbie to a seasoned online entrepreneur can benefit from.
- Find a need and fill it: Rather than focusing on what product(s) you want to sell, look for a need in the market that you can fill. Find a group of people who are searching for a solution to a problem but not finding many results. Using keyword research find out what solutions are people looking for, who is catering to that niche then ask yourself what product or service can I offer that will make their live easier?
- Write copy that sells: Think like a customer and ask “What’s in it for me?” If you examine successful sales letters you will find that they are structured using this sequence; arouse interest with a compelling headline, describe the problem your product solves, establish your credibility as a solver of this problem, add testimonials from people who have used your product, talk about the product and how it benefits the user, make an offer, make a strong guarantee, create urgency, ask for the sale.
- Design and build an easy-to-use website: Keep it simple and grab their attention in less than 5 seconds because that is all they will give you before they decide to explore other options. Make it customer-friend, easy to buy and offer them something in exchange for their email address.
- Use search engines and social media to drive traffic to your site: If you want to see a quick increase in traffic to your website and offerings then you will have to go for paid traffic. If you sit and wait for people to find you, you will be waiting for a long time. Dive into PPC ads on popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. Depending on your niche and market, you will also want to take advantage of social media advertising, especially on Facebook, Linkedin and now on twitter.
- Establish an expert reputation for yourself: People are looking for information. Provide free yet valuable information, articles, videos and other content people are searching for and make it easy for them to share it.
- Follow up with your customers and subscribers with e-mail: Your email list is full of hot leads. Keep giving your followers more of what they came to you for. E-mail marketing is cheaper and more effective than print, TV or radio because it’s highly targeted.
- Increase your income through back-end sales and upselling: At least 36 percent of people who bought from you will buy from you again. Always have something else to offer them, something that complements their original purchase. Offer related products on the than you page and reward your customers for their loyalty.
The online business world is changing fast, but the 7 proven steps mentioned above are still a winning formula.
To read the full article to go Entrepreneur.com.