As an online business owner, your website and online assets are the face of your business. Having high quality graphics that is consistent across all your marketing assets used to be a very costly expense.
Only few short years ago you needed to hire highly skilled graphic designers to do all that work for you. Even then, there was no guarantee that you would get the best quality work. There are many self proclaimed designers on the market and most new business owners cannot tell the difference between good quality work and low quality graphics.
With Canva.com, all this has changed.
Now you can have the highest quality graphics and marketing material for a faction of the price. Now every business owner, can see first hand some of the best looking design templates online, from business cards, sales and marketing presentations, brochures, to social media assets, you name it… you can get that done with Canva.com.
Now I have been using the free version for over a year and love it as is, but with the new Canva for Work, the company has taken something exceptionally good and made it great! I signed up for the paid version right away no questions asked. Even though I also subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud as I use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign on a daily basis.
Sometimes, I just need something done quickly and don’t want to waste time reinventing the wheel. Why waste hours creating something from scratch, when you can access the best looking designs online and edit them on the fly… all for $10 – $12/ month depending on if you choose the annual or monthly plan. I went for the annual plan as I know I will be using this for years to come.
As an online business owner, you can now either do the design work yourself or add additional team members on your account and hire talent from sites like upwork.com, Fiverr.com, guru.com etc. and ask them to use Canva for your design work.
You will be able to setup your brand colors and templates to make it easier for them to follow your direction and also file your images in folders for easy access.
Here are some of the features of Canva For Work that you need to know about…
- Save your brand colors, logos and fonts
- Magically resize your designs
- Save your own brand templates
- Organize your images into folders
- Mix and match your designs (Coming soon)
- Upload your own fonts (Coming soon)
- Transparent backgrounds (Coming soon)
- Full iPad support
Extra features for team collaboration
- Share photo folders with your team
- Create team templates
- Team stream to share designs
- Access controls for teams
- Canva.com will save you hours and hours on your design projects and is a great resource for inspiration
- Sooner or later, you job will become one of those low paying jobs that anyone can do thanks to tools like Canva.com. Unless you up your game and use your skills for other high value activities you will soon find your income hovering around the minimum wage. There are many candidates in low cost of living countries like India, Philippines, Bangladesh and more that are willing to do these jobs for as low as $3-$5 an hour. At this rate you might be better off getting a job at McDonald’s for minimum wage of $9-$12/hour rather than competing at the $3-$5/hour rates.
Check out my new eBook “Design Your Income Online | What Every Designer And Programmer Ought To Know About Making An Income Online” to find out how to survive and thrive in this new job market.