Every 11 seconds someone takes their destiny into their own hands and leaps into the entrepreneurial world.
The reasons for this are many…
Some are truly looking for ways to take control of day to day activities, achieve more of a location and time freedom, or simply for lack of suitable jobs in their area.
The journey will not be easy otherwise everyone will be doing this but the numbers and results are attractive.
Consider that home based businesses:
- Generate over $427 billion per year. Yes, nearly half a trillion dollars! That’s more than the pharmaceutical, food and consumer goods industries combined!
- Earn on average $65,000 per year.
- Number an estimated 18.3 million enterprises (12% of U.S. households).
The United States Small Business Administration (SBA) estimates that more than half of all the small businesses in the country (52%) are home-based. But home-based doesn’t mean small change. The SBA’s Office of Advocacy notes more than 20,000 home-based entrepreneurs grossed over $1 million each.
- 98% of respondents are happier working from home
- 96% would recommend working from home
- 88% would never return to the corporate world
The most attractive aspects of home-based businesses include generally low entry costs (40% to 44% of all home-based businesses require less than $5,000 to start), excellent tax deductions and flexible hours. And, don’t forget, the power of the Internet to supercharge a business’s potential. The world is your customer as opposed to just the people in your own backyard.
More than 70 percent of Americans long to be self-employed, but the truth is most won’t take the leap. Some of those who do simply won’t succeed. That’s because they didn’t take the time to investigate their options and stack the deck in their favor.
The kinds of home-based businesses vary. One option many people are familiar with is to be a distributor for a company, generally termed network marketing. In this case, you typically approach family and friends with the products and services offered by the company with which you are affiliated.
Another type of home-based business and the one that I’m most excited about is an online home-based business. Not only do you not need to begin with your friends and family (though they are more than welcome to take advantage of this amazing opportunity), you also don’t necessarily need to talk with people if that aspect makes you uncomfortable. You can do all of your business activities from the comfort of your own home.
Starting an online home-based business is easy but sustaining that business and succeeding requires extra work… the perfect formula of systems and support. That’s something I know a little bit about.
You see, about four years ago, I was right where you are now, knowing I wanted something more than the 9-to-5 drudgery, seeing the wonderful possibilities of a life filled with travel and leisure, but not knowing how to get there.
My journey took me down some interesting paths, many of which culminated in dead ends. But each and every endeavor undertaken showed me what would be critical characteristics of the right online home-based business, as well as other things that I thought were important but really weren’t.
The world is your customer as opposed to just the people in your own backyard.
The eBook “The 10 Questions You Absolutely Must Ask Before Choosing A Home-Based Business” by Matt Lloyd, CEO and Founder of MOBE will examine some questions you need to address before choosing any home based business.
- Why do you want to start an online home-based business?
- What are your income goals and can the business you select support those goals?
- How much are you willing to invest in an online home-based business in terms of time and money?
- Can you talk to someone who is working the business you are interested in and will give you the real details?
- Do you have the confidence of your convictions once you’ve decided on a business?
- Are you prepared to totally commit to the online home-based business you choose?
Before you spend any money on training material and business opportunities, make sure to download this ebook and read all the questions and answers. It is important that you understand your options and most of all understand your capabilities so you can find a business model that fits your needs and current skills and circumstances.